3 Things make this the BEST Easter treat to make - easy Rice Krispies Treats, Cadbury's Creme Eggs and Chocolate. Creme Egg Filled Rice Krispie Treats are like a Rice Krispie terrine, but I didn't think that sounded quite as yummy but the principle is there.
You will need a loaf tin to make these treats, as you need something deep enough to take the depth of the Creme Egg with extra room to share.
You start by making you favourite Rice Krispie Treats (recipe below). You could even make Chocolate Cornflake Cake Mix, or Biscoff Cornflake Cake mix. After packing half down in the base of your loaf tin you add 3 or 4 (depending on how many will fit) Creme Eggs. You then fill the rest of the tin with mix and leave to set. It really couldn't be easier!!
I lined my loaf tin with Cling Film. Rice Krispie Treats are very sticky, and the thought of getting my Creme Egg Filled Rice Krispie Treat stuck in the tin did not fill me with joy.
I set my Creme Egg Filled Rice Krispie Treat in the fridge because I couldn't wait! I also wanted the outside cold so when the chocolate hit it set quickly. The treat will set on the counter top after a little while, but the fridge is your friend if you don't want to wait.
Rice Krispie Treat Pro-Tip
These are a great idea for Easter Treat Boxes. However be sure to mark out where the eggs start and end. The last thing you want to offer a customer is a Creme Egg Filled Treat, only for them to have a slice with no egg in it, or the little chocolate ends.
Creme Egg Filled Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
- 1 Loaf Tin
- 1 mixing bowl
- 160 gms Marshmallow
- 60 gms Butter or Baking Spread
- 60 gms Nutella/White Chocolate Spread/White Hazlenut Spread/Cookies and Cream Spread Whatever spread is your favourite
- 160 gms Rice Krispies
- 3 to 4 Cadbury's Creme Eggs what ever fits in your tin
- 100 gms white chocolate food colour if you fancy
- Place the marshmallow, butter and spread in a bowl and melt in the microwave until melted
- Mix to combine
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir until they are coated with the marshmallow mix
- Line a loaf tin with cling film
- Spread half the Rice Krispie mixture into the bottom of the loaf tin
- Unwrap the Creme Eggs and lay3 to 4 end to end on top
- Spread the remaining Rice Krispie mix on top and press down smooth
- Wrap with cling film and press down to flatten
- Allow to cool, either in the fridge for 20 minutes, or on the countertop for a couple of hours
- Remove from the tin and peel away the clingfilm
- Break the chocolate up into a heat proof bowl and microwave in 20 second bursts until melted. Colour with oil based colour if desired
- Pour over the loaf and allow to set
For other Easter Treats you might like to try: